Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Baby!


For those who haven't heard, Don and I are having a baby! We are 12.5 weeks pregnant. We have had a few due-dates, the first was April 6th, then April 4th, then we decided to schedule the birth on March 30th which is the Monday of Don's spring break. So if all goes well, March 30th will be the big day! I am feeling really good; in fact, I was a little scared going to this appointment because I hadn't really been having any pregnancy symptoms (besides the hunger, moodiness and fatigue- but that's the way I usually am). Anyway, I was so excited to see that it was looking more like a human and less like a jelly-bean. The doctor said that the baby is very healthy so I'm so happy. I didn't gain any weight this time, unlike the last check-up where I gained quite a bit. They also said that the heart-beat is back to normal (it was a little high last time) and that my blood sugar was way low. So I treated myself to the McDonalds that I had been craving for the past four weeks but didn't eat because I didn't want to gain any more weight. We are beyond excited! Isn't it cute?


Okay, so these pictures are all pictures of pictures, so they're a little blurry. The lady giving me the ultra-sound took some 4-D pictures and these are them. The baby looks kind-of alien like, but you can tell that it may be sucking on it's hand and the left hand is by it's ear.


In this picture the baby's arm and head were moving so it looks a little interesting.


This was taken at 8.5 weeks. So much has happened in four weeks, it's crazy!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

how fun! That is so great! I love those first pictures!

Missy said...

Congrats again!!! We couldn't be happier for you two. Ya'll are the best and we love ya!!!

Daren said...

CONGRATULATIONS! March 30th is a fabulous day to be born, if i do say so myself (that's my birthday) Good luck! And congrats again!

Anonymous said...

wow, so i was logged in under my boyfriends name...the last comment (from daren) is actually from me! haha, good times being non observant.

The Brandt Clan Fam! said...

Congratulations! We are so thrilled for you both! What great parents you'll be! :)

Melanye said...

We are so happy for both of you! How exciting! Let me be the first to say you guys are going to have a great looking kid! :) Congrats!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I am SO excited for you! You're going to be SUCH a great mom!
And thanks for your comment-it was so great to have your support with everything back then--waiting for Aaron and the Spec Ed program! Those were crazy days!

kenzor said...

Congratulations, you guys! That is awesome! I am so happy for you both!

Cat said...

I'm SO excited for you both. :) AND for Baby who will have such awesome parents.

Anonymous said...

guys, this is so fabulous! and march 30 is my birthday too! I am so excited for you! Love you both!

Tiffany said...

Mindi! I have been thinking about you tons--I called you up the day before you made your baby announcement--I miss you and I'm super pumped for you to have this baby! Taylor and your little one will be so close! Congrats to you both!

Cameron and Cindy said...

Yipee!! We can't wait for a new little niece/nephew/cousin!!

xoxo cindy, cameron & scotty

Katie & Brady said...

OHHHHH!! I am so excited! I am sitting her is the computer lab at school hopeing no one looks at me cause I am so excited I'm crying!! I love you guys so much and am so freaken excited for you!! I hope we have one soon so they can be close! By the way Mind I think it looks like a girl!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! You could wait until April 1st and be an April Fool's baby like Lee.

Kent and Kate said...

What a beautiful baby! I think that she/he looks like you. I am SO excited!!!

lindsey said...

Congrats you guys! Babies are fun, who knows, maybe baby will arrive march 29th and share a birthday with our little baby girl!

Andrew and Lauren said...

Yea Baby!!!!

kaheels said...

Congratulations you two. We are so pumped for you guys. Parenthood is loads of fun. Good luck with the pregnancy and getting ready and all.

Chelsea and Jon

Liesl said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Marisa said...

Hi Mindi!
Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys. Matt and I were trying to find some of our friends and we found your blog! It is fun to see what you guys are doing and are glad you are doing well. We have a blog too, but we made it private, so email me and I can send you an invite. Congratulations again!!! It is so nice to be able to keep in touch with friends.

The VanDerwerken's said...

I'm so excited to be pregnant together! You are going to be such a cute mom! By the way I tagged you on my blog so check out what you have to do then let me know when you've done it! Love you!

Sidra said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! It seems like everything is great; you graduated from hair academy and got a job, Don finished his first year of Dental School and now you are going to have a baby! That will just make everything in your life even better! Congratulations!
Scott & Sidra (www.scottnsidra.blogspot.com)

Emily Rupp Sessions said...

congrats mindi!I talked to katie and she told me. I am so excited for you! Little ones are well worth it! Cute blog! Love all the hair stuff. Are you going to find out what you are having? That is by far the best drs appt!

Marisa said...

So I didn't leave my email! It is peterson.marisa@gmail.com. Congratulations again!

Heidi said...

Congratulations Mindi! I am so happy for you guys! My baby is due at the end of January - so our little ones won't be too far apart! I hope you continue to feel great!!

Katie Brady said...

yeah Mindi.. you can't definitely tell shes a girl!! Im so excited for you!!!